Part Time – Family & Community Organizer (Montgomery Al & Birmingham, Al)
Description: The Family & Community Organizer will strategically establish, sustain and build relationships between parent advocates, community/school leaders, stakeholders and BA4E while equipping, informing and empowering Black families with information on accessing a high quality k12 education.
- Build public knowledge and support of BA4E advocacy efforts
- Ability to work independently & efficiently in a remote setting
- Conduct meetings weekly with potential BA4E members
- Facilitate Parent Empowerment Sessions
- Collecting and capture photos and video of events, meetings, and other community activities.
- Successfully build community relationship within traditional and non-traditional communities
- Track advocacy efforts through database tools
- Work flexible hours to meet organizational program requirements and community needs, including evening and weekends.