TEN THINGS TO LOOK FOR IN A SCHOOL!
Choosing the right school for your child can be an overwhelming prospect.
After all, the choices you make early on can have a significant impact later. Elementary schools often feed to particular middle schools, which in turn feed to particular high schools. And once one sibling starts down an educational path, subsequent siblings are likely to follow. With open enrollment available in some form in every state — and with an increasingly broad range of other school choice options — families have more educational decisions to make than ever before.
1. HIGH EXPECTATIONS
2. ENGAGEMENT AND BUSY STUDENTS
3. GREAT TEACHERS
4. GREAT PRINCIPAL
5. AN ACTIVE PARENT TEACHER ORGANIZATION
6. CHILDREN HAPPY TO BE AT SCHOOL
7. YOUR GUT REACTION THAT THIS IS THE SCHOOL FOR YOUR CHILD
8. RIGOROUS CURRICULUM
9. FAMILIES LIKE YOURS ARE WELCOME, AND THEIR CONCERNS ARE ACKNOWLEDGED
10. SATISFACTION WITH THE SCHOOL’S RESULTS ON STANDARDIZED TEST